Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is an internet marketing technique achieved by the promoting of websites by improving their visibility in Search Engine Results Pages (SERP’s) usually through paid advertising. SEM may feature search engine optimization (SEO) which changes website architecture and content in order to get a higher placing in the results from search engines. This works in tandem with Pay Per Click (PPC) strategies.
WHY CHOOSE TO HAVE THE EDGE?
The digital world is a minefield with many companies offering to manage your AdWords account.
You can rely on Perth Digital Edge to see that your SEM activities are managed by dedicated, professional and experienced analysts. Every report is overseen and edited by our owner to ensure a smooth process every time.
Many of our competitors have a one size fits all approach, they may charge you per keyword and access to information about the progress of your account can be problematic, or like getting blood out of a stone even!
With the Perth Digital Edge on your side, each campaign is individual and we work together to streamline our client’s accounts. Working hand in hand with our clients we strive to get the best possible return on investment (ROI).
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM AN SEM CAMPAIGN WITH US?
- ADWORDS/SEM is all about your return on investment (ROI). In order to be effective, you need a proper data analysis and the input to interpret it correctly. Perth Digital Edge will run through the numbers and give you a clean-cut answer on the profitability. We will arm you with all of the necessary data and advice to make an informed decision on your SEM spend.
- When using the AdWords system it is beneficial to establish goal and conversion tracking to accurately measure the results and ROI. We will set this up and monitor it in order to report on the CPC (cost per click), CPL (cost per lead) and ROI (return on investment) for your perusal.
- Early on in a campaign, misunderstandings or misinterpretations can occur. Therefore we suggest that we meet as often as possible to work on the SEM strategy together. As our client, we want you to have an in-depth understanding and be involved so that you can see the progress made, increases in ROI and the work that’s going into it.
- We prefer to tackle SEO and SEM campaigns together because let’s face it they go together like peas and carrots! With this in mind at Perth Digital Edge, we like to look at your objectives, budget and recommend a holistic approach to maximizing returns.
- Our team at Perth Digital Edge are armed with the latest and most effective techniques in the marketplace, such as remarketing, behavioural targeting, A/B multivariate testing, conversion optimisation, conversion tracking and more. We will utilise all of these methods to ensure your campaign is run effectively.
WHAT IS INTERNET ADVERTISING?
The main question I am often asked is, “what is internet advertising?”
This term refers to paid ad placements which appear at the top of Google or similar search engine results. You may notice that the top results when you type in anything in a search engine have the word PAID next to it. This is an example of Internet advertising.
As far as search engines go this is above SEO, which is a strategy to improve your ranking organically in the non-paid section.
Advertising can be in search engines but also across other platforms such as within apps and other networks.
There are 2 main types of internet advertisements (there are others but these are the main 2)
- Search adverts
- Display network
SEARCH ADVERTISING DEFINITION
When considering internet marketing, search advertising refers to the process of placing advertisements on the web pages which show results from search engine enquiries.
Ads can additionally be placed on web pages with other content through the same search engine advertisement services.
Search advertisements are a marketing tactic which focuses on keywords (key search terms) when entered on search engines. The ability to target keywords has made search advertising attractive to advertisers.
When buyers wish to compare product options they will often choose to use search engines to make an informed decision on their purchases.
Search advertisements are designed to appeal to a buyer’s immediate buying interests and the fact that tailored search ads are more relevant to their needs makes a consumer more likely to click on them rather than unpaid search results which will likely be of less interest to them.
The fact that sponsored search advertisements are so relevant to the buyer’s interests means they are less annoying and intrusive than banner or pop-up advertising.
DISPLAY NETWORK ADVERTISING DEFINITION
Display advertising is featured on various online formats, be they apps, social media or websites and feature banners and ad formats such as text, video, audio, flash and images.
Display advertising is an effective way to get a brand’s messages and advertisements to people who visit a particular site.
eMarketer offers some pertinent information. Facebook and Twitter took 33% of the spending on the display advertising market share in recent times.
Google reaches 80% of global internet users with their display campaigns.
Due to their remarketing options and behavioural targeting display networks remain popular, they allow advertisers to follow a potential client based on their online interactions with various websites.
Remarketing is an effective tool which allows brand awareness to be reinforced and allows the possibility of interesting a client back to your website with a custom message or offer.
PAYING FOR ONLINE ADVERTING
The two main methods for advertising in a search engine are:
- cost-per-click (CPC)
- cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM)
WHAT IS COST PER CLICK (CPC)
CPC is an advertising form with no initial costs involved to display your advertisement. Charges occur only when someone actually clicks on your ad.
Your landing page is important as if it does not match your advertisement you will only get traffic and not sales. In order to be effective your landing site needs to be designed to be relevant to your advertisements and get the best conversions possible.
Each keyword has a different value which should be considered when planning for a CPC campaign. We will provide an estimate of the costs involved and run through the process with you, so you can make an informed decision on the potential of your investment.
WHICH NETWORK IS THE BEST CHOICE FOR ME TO ADVERTISE ON?
Each network has a different demographic and appeals to different users.
- Google network – appeals to a tech-savvy, younger crowd and has the potential for high volume sales.
- Facebook – again, is attractive to a younger demographic and is particularly strong for reinforcing brand awareness.
- LinkedIn – this is particularly strong for reaching decision makers business-focused clients
- Yahoo and Bing – an older demographic who may be suitable to target for high end, larger purchases.
The network you decide upon will greatly affect your website’s conversion rates, so allow Perth Digital Edge to give you the best advice available.
Search Engine Marketing is a particularly tricky area to navigate so let our experts at Perth Digital Edge guide you through, to ensure a smooth experience and maximize your return on investment.